Thread: JWT C2 cams
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 12:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
We may be talking about those turbos. I know the stage 1 are a little on the small size. Kind of like the gtr turbos.

If you just go with the basic sc set up and have a competent installer then there really aren't any issues with the sc. The problem is, there aren't any real sc experts for our car and there are a lot of unknown's when getting into the stage my car was in. A lot of trial and error.

There's a carb legal tt kit for the z that's getting close to approval that sounds interesting. Since it's going to be a few months before my car goes to Seb, my options are open.
The stage 1 turbos I have are GT2860 RS. They can make over 700whp but on a stock block I got five years not going more than 620whp. The only issue I had was for tracking because they were into boost at about 2500 rpms so modulating the power in first and second was not doable. There was no boost by gear two years ago either with ECU tech.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote