View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 07:57 PM   #25 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Maybe you're right. In that diagram, would I be wiggling the top of #10? Also, are you talking about the leather boot that you see while driving, or the rubber boot seen in the diagram as #6?

Sorry about the late response, I don't know how to enable notifications for when someone responds to me.
The point of contact between #10 and #13. Not sure if you can see that from top or you have to access from under car.

If you wanted to see if it is accessible from top, you would have to remove all the boot covers. The leather and #6.

Anyway, my point is that the twisting motion required to remove the original shift knob, would be transmitted into the shaft #10. Anything attached in line to that, would be vulnerable to the force applied.

If you are feeling something, I would start there.

zz
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote