View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 07:47 PM   #45 (permalink)
Voice59
Premium Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370z
Voice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of lightVoice59 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2017370ZBlack View Post
To the OP, complaining about a "lack of innovation" on the upcoming "400Z", what do you think they should have done? I like the simplicity. Less stuff to break. Tech for tech's sake sucks.

I have a 2017 370Z which through an aftermarket head unit has Android Auto. The only things that I wish the car could have is blind spot monitoring and ventilated seats would be great too.

I understand Nissan's budget on the 400Z was around $240 million. A total new design from the ground up on a new chassis is over a billion. I'm amazed that they are going to release a 400Z at all, considering Nissan's rough last few years and the world economic doldrums we are in. They don't sell enough of cars like this to justify dropping a billion on a total new design.

If Nissan had done a total new design from the ground up, 400Z's or whatever they would have called it would probably start at $50K and go up from there.

The new 400Z will have a V6 twin turbo, 6-speed manual or probably a 9-speed auto, updated safety features and blind spot monitoring, updated infotainment, revised chassis, good build quality/fit and finish, and great looks. What more is there to want for a reasonable price?
So they're going to put the same engine from the Q60, more than likely the same manual transmission from the current model Z, but put in a brand new 9 speed auto? LOL. Ok man...

Here's a quote from Car and Driver:

Like its beastly brother, the Nissan GT-R, the 400Z is expected to be powered by a twin-turbocharged V-6. But, instead of the fire-breathing 565-hp 3.8-liter that’s under the hood of the GT-R, the 400Z will likely get the 300-hp 3.0-liter mill from the Infiniti Q60. It's also possible that high-performance NISMO variant could get the 400-hp version of that engine that's currently exclusive to the Q60 Red Sport 400. While all-wheel drive is available in the Infiniti, we expect Nissan will stick with rear-wheel drive exclusively for the 400Z. Nissan has promised a six-speed manual transmission as standard, but we expect that a seven-speed automatic will also be offered as an option.

And although this article is old, I haven't seen any others that mention a 9 speed auto.
Voice59 is offline   Reply With Quote