View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 09:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
When the military switches to EV's. That will be it. I don't foresee an EV tank anytime soon. I know they are working on some EV vehicles now. But to put it to service is decade or so away.
Hydrogen fuel cell powering an electric motor is the direction I last heard. Also needs to be able to run diesel or jp8 etc as backup. Not sure how that’s going or if still going. Batteries were never going to cut it.

Hydrogen fuel cell powered ev’s is the real long term answer I& your looking for comparable range, refuel times, minimal impact to/can work with existing infrastructure.

Of course, the limited range p, recharge issues, general $$$ needed for a battery ev POV might be exactly WHY that is the solution being pushed so hard. I’d like to say the free market will decide but it won’t be that simple.

There is a solution to the soulless self driving ev tho, converting your existing ice car to ev, still super connected driving experience, all you’re changing is the propulsion method, kind of like a middle ground. Check out ev west, they’re doing cool stuff like this to classic Porsches etc. it’s a cottage industry in its infancy but it’ll exploding over the next ten years I bet.