View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 12:29 PM   #284 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildky View Post
I like the hearing offered by the 19 tire sizes. To run the 18’s I lose 3 mph in 2nd which would seldom be an issue at autocross. But I loose 6 mph in 4th which is a big problem for me at two spots on my local track (ncm). I don’t want to ha e to do a bound up dogleg down shift creating turn 16, which is off camber decreasing radius with an entry of 120+ Mph. It’s also not like there are a lot more wheel options in 18. The goofy offset up front makes for very few options. One of the great things about the 350 was 18x10.5 on stock suspension, cheap light available.
It is your choice to do with your build whatever you want too and be for warned if you come hear asking for opinions or just posting whatever you are going to get feedback that you may think is harsh, rude or whatever. Now that that is out of the way your logic goes against pretty much everything that has been posted in the track section on the best wheel selection for track or autocross. Most run 18x10.5 with a NA build with a 275 35 tire. A few of us have stepped up to 18x11s and there are smaller number running 18x12 or 19x12 (those running 19x12 run a staggered setup). The handling characteristics of the 18" tire is much better than 19's so you gain on turn in and exit. Also on a NA car 18's have the same impact as changing your gearing to about 4:08 but probably not that much. After running tire size through a calculator there is only 4 mph difference in fourth gear. You will also gain time in acceleration because you are running a smaller wheel and tire diameter.

I guess if you want to do something different than every highly successful 370z time attack or racecar more power to you, it is your car and your fun! Good luck and let us know how well it works out for you.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote