View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 08:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
datcipher
Base Member

Drives: altimacoupe 3.5,370z
datcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370zBoyz View Post
I have test pipes with the nismo stock exhaust and you can hear it and it sounds like a sports car

I had axle backs with the test pipes and it roared but man it droned and sounded awful on start ups

On acceleration 3000k rpm sounded like I was redlining it

Maybe go with test pipes to bring out the sound more
That's exactly my new line of inquiry as of today! Not sure any axle or catback quite fits what I'd like - which I think is essentially as quiet as possible, but with a nice audible sound. I know lots of people want it to roar on wide open....I'd just like an audible but mellow to moderate sound all the time! So now wondering if other changes with stock muffler can get me there. Like resonated test pipes with the stock muffler...
datcipher is offline   Reply With Quote