View Single Post
Old 11-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
ChrisDrift
Base Member

Drives: 370Z
ChrisDrift is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I love seeing builds like this.
Glad you're enjoying still seems like I have a million things left to do but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpchaos View Post
I wonder - would an X pipe or crossover do anything here? I assume the exhaust pulses would have been muffled by this point, post turbo, but you have the opportunity here for some noises.
Did consider joining the two downpipes together as they're so close but I think I'd rather keep them separate for a few reasons. Firstly it will make it slightly more work to install/remove things because then if you wanted to remove one downpipe you'd have to remove both. Not a big deal I know but one of my goals with this build was to make it as easy to work on as possible.

The other reason for not wanting to join them is because when everything expands with heat the two manifolds are going to try to move slightly further apart, so hard mounting them to each other at the front might lead to some extra stress on my crappy welds lol I know it would probably be fine, as other people do similar things with single turbo setups but I'd just rather not risk it when there's not much benefit to joining them. Oh and unfortunately noise is pretty low on my priority list because the drifting championship I compete in has got a lot stricter with noise regulations this year hence the funky downpipe design just so I can fit a silencer in