View Single Post
Old 10-29-2020, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
datcipher
Base Member

Drives: altimacoupe 3.5,370z
datcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond repute
Default how to replace b pillar lower grommet

Hey everyone,

Just two days ago, my B pillar panel went flying off while driving....I couldn't find it again, despite driving the busy highway several times....

All this was the result of a ridiculously shoddy windshield replacement from the dealer I bought it from several weeks ago...

...since the Nissan dealer who reattached the A pillar on that side a couple weeks ago has disavowed any responsibility for the B pillar (despite telling me it too had been put on wrong but they had really secured it - I didn't expect them to even fix it free, but an at-cost discount would have been nice!... and not treating my rudely and as though I were an idiot - I've never been demanding or anything but calm with them despite several disappointments and broken promises in just a couple of months of dealing with them).... I ordered a panel from Z1.

....after spending half an hour rigorously prying out remnants of the clips, I noticed one of the lower grommets is a bit loose.

So I have two questions, I was hoping somebody could help me with:

1.is this also the one used in the 370z? I was looking all over the web. Couldn't find much info, but some places seem to sell this as 350z/370z... though some diagrams I saw list the 370z part as a different code
https://www.z1motorsports.com/door-s...et-p-6177.html

2.how do these go in/out? Is it just straight-forward pry the old one out, and pop the other one in?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Last edited by datcipher; 10-29-2020 at 09:14 AM.
datcipher is offline   Reply With Quote