View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 11:08 AM   #532 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Few shots from the past couple nights. The shock tower cleaned up nice. It didn't take to long to sand because I have a lot of aggressive sand paper left over from carbon fiber mold making. I even used the 60grit orbital in a few spots, which made extremely quick work.

The wheel well was opened up more. I'm using a bit more caution because my eyes had metal debris from Sunday to Wed. Yes, I wear safety glasses. I will be getting a face shield as well now too. My eyes have been flushed out so many times it made them dry (2-3 times an hour flushing Mon - Wed). So yeah, that sucked. A lot.

I made a couple mounting tabs for the bottom of the hole. I will also need to do the same for the top. TBH, the tabs turned out like **** and the welding sucked because I was in a weird *** position. Top tabs should be a whole lot easier. I'm not cutting the tabs out. They work. Only thing it's doing is holding aluminum.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote