View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 10:23 AM   #19 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andaesthetics View Post
-Launch Edition: $47k - 400HP 3.0V6TT, limited production, comes in the yellow Z Proto color or 1-2 other base colors, Leather interior with the yellow contrast stitching, heated seats, Brembo brakes, new 20" Sport wheels in Bronze color, Sport exhaust, and carbon fiber exterior parts

-Sport: $40k - 400HP 3.0V6TT, Leather interior but no interior contrast stitching, heated seats, Brembo brakes, new 20" Sport wheels in standard color, standard exhaust, carbon fiber optional

-Base: $35k - 300-330HP (maybe the 400HP version) 3.0V6TT, Cloth interior with no interior contrast stitching or heated seats, standard brakes, standard 18" wheels, standard exhaust, no carbon fiber

I don't see them having "tech" or "touring" lines anymore because a lot of tech, such as backup cameras, are standard/mandatory in new production cars in the US. I'm sure the new dash and infotainment will be standard across all configurations as well.

I also don't see any version of the new Z being priced above $47k, besides the Nismo when it releases. The new Z is primarily going up against the Supra 3.0 Premium, Mustang GT, Camaro SS, and Dodge Charger/Challenger Scat pack. All of these cars, besides the Supra, start at or below $41k. All of them, besides the Supra, also have anywhere from 455-485hp. The new Supra now being rated for 382hp.
Now, of course the GT, SS, and Scatpack will end up weighing nearly 400-1000lbs more than the new Z, but regardless they still deliver good power and some of those cars are still selling really well in the current market.

The only way I see the new Z being really successful is by disrupting the competitive market with a complete bargain. The new Z has the potential to do that. I think Nissan will undercut the Supra, but align pricing with the American sports cars it competes with.
While the infotainment screen will 100% be standard, I am not so sure about the digital dash. Even if you look at alot of the luxury brands, they come with an analog gauge cluster on the base trim level and a digital dash only when you pay up for a higher trim level. It is very likely we will see a refreshed version of the existing 370Z gauge cluster for the new base model.

As for the infotainment, while all trims will get the screen standard, only the higher trim levels will get built in navigation and they may also exclude things like (wireless?) Android Auto/Car Play from the base model.

As for other tech features, not only are back up cameras mandatory now as you mentioned, 2022 onwards automatic emergency braking will become mandatory on all new vehicles. So while the base model will have to come with automatic braking standard, I see higher trim levels coming with things like adaptive cruise control to keep the 'tech' differential between the low and high trim levels.

Last edited by viiv; 10-16-2020 at 10:29 AM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote