View Single Post
Old 03-06-2009, 05:36 AM   #14 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

In my perfect future, I dream of an LCD or OLED gauge cluster, possibly touch screen that is completely customizable - want a different engine metric displayed? Just pull up the menu just like you'd add a widget in Vista or something. Place it where you want. Use 2 fingers to stretch/shrink it. Change the colors of the sweeping arm/text, or make it "digital" style. Lock it into place. Done.

When you slam it in reverse, the whole LCD becomes your backup camera, with the sides of the screens showing your side mirror cameras, merged together to form almost a complete 100% rear view of the car with no blind spots.

The truth is, theres really nothing preventing this from being able to be done right now, other than someone willing to spend the money to make an interface that'd work with it. I'd suspect it'd cost $5000 or so, depending on what'd have to happen with the LCD.
MightyBobo is offline   Reply With Quote