View Single Post
Old 10-12-2020, 08:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Lol why is this even a thread? Maybe I'm being a little harsh here, but basing a review of either of those cars on the sound of the stock exhaust system is just dumb.

That said, I agree with most everything. But I've heard some sexy modified Qs
Umm, engine noise and exhaust noise are two separate things. And last time I checked, the fairest, most representative, and only professional way to compare cars or anything else for that matter is in their stock form.

Anyways, you can buy the loudest, most expensive exhaust, slap it on a Q60 or a Civic for that matter and it will never give you the high pitched whirring sound like a really beautiful engine would, case in point this half million dollar Ferrari 812:

https://youtu.be/OoIa253WD7s

The beautiful sound you are hearing in that video is the result of the engine, not the exhaust, and you will never be able to 'fake it till you make it' with an exhaust to match the sound of a beautiful engine.

The 370Z VQ37 engine is the closest thing to the sound characteristics of that half million dollar Ferrari for 30k. That's why I brought it.

Last edited by viiv; 10-12-2020 at 08:24 AM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote