View Single Post
Old 10-08-2020, 02:45 AM   #43 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave11 View Post
76 in a couple of months
Wow, I hope I am as cool as you when I am 76

Sadly, it doesn't look like I won't be able to buy a brand new ICE sports car when I am your age. I don't want to get into politics here, but depending on the outcome of the US election, it is increasingly likely that the rest of the US will follow California's 2035 ICE ban. With the US and Euro market gone, the next generation of Z (and other ICE sports cars will be the last).

With this new reality, its no longer about selling your existing vehicle to buy the latest and greatest. There won't be anymore latest and greatest (unless you like the silent soulless acceleration of electric). I think I am going to have to stockpile a couple of ICE sports cars to last me until I am your age. I will not be selling my 370Z for the new Z, I will buy the new Z to go along with my existing one and hopefully one more sports car if my finances allow in the next decade and a half before the end of ICE sales to last me for the next 50 years or so until I pass.

Last edited by viiv; 10-08-2020 at 02:48 AM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote