View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 01:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaZ View Post
This is my 3rd 370Z and I’ve never loved a car more than our Z’s, for sure. I “plan” on only keeping it for 2 years but I’ve never had one for more than a year but this one I plan to mod and make my own. I do want it to keep value but in all honestly, who knows. I may dump a lot of money into this one and make it custom to my liking and keep it til it dies. I can’t say what the future holds but I’m having hella fun driving it fully stock right now. I don’t work so I try and find something I should do every day just so I can go take her out for a little daily drive
It is a real nice car fully stock, bang for the buck even for a brand new one, is unbeatable. If you take a look at a post I just put up, in Japan they give you the choice to get the fully loaded Sport Touring with or without the spoiler:

Japanese Model Quirks

I feel here in the USA and Canada, because you automatically get a spoiler on the higher trim levels we equate spoiler=better. But in Japan, due to their proximity to the factory where all Zs are produced on customer order, it kind of proves how having a spoiler=different, and not necessarily better or higher end.

This is a really minor point but it's a detail worth mentioning; during production for the builds that will be getting a spoiler installed at the factory, I would assume they are drilling the holes in the hatch before the car gets dunked in the electrocoating bath and painted.

In contrast, even if you get an OEM spoiler installed at a dealership, you are going to have the bare steel exposed at the edges of the holes and you have to count on the quality (or even if) they apply any corrosion protection such as silicon. It's just not going to be as ideal as the factory electrocoating and paint perfectly wrapping around the edges of all eleven of the holes they will be drilling into your hatch at the dealership.

Last edited by viiv; 10-07-2020 at 01:49 PM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote