View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 10:07 PM   #5932 (permalink)
TaroBaapG35
Base Member

Drives: 18 S4 + 05 G35
TaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond reputeTaroBaapG35 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I agree as long as I can find out which parts fit my 370Z, find someone to ride with me on the test drive so the salesperson cannot, and take it home to switch out whatever parts make sense for me

I'm not sure I could agree more on this point. There is nothing that I truly hate, but there is nothing that I can totally get on board with due to the lack of flow (I would love to be wrong when I see it in person). The VR30TT and manual do pique my interest, but the lack of power compared to my current Z are very much derailing that interest (not that I'm in the market, but if I was...). The 10+hp per $1000 in the Z offering is an unmatched value across the board for me. I would never buy a Corvette, but I'd be cross-shopping the C8 and buying that in a heartbeat compared to the limited info about the proposed new Z34.5 :shrug: Prove me wrong, Nissan.
I agree that the HP#/$ is low comparatively to C8, Camaro etc, but since the engine (hopefully) will be a variation of the VR30, you can expect much higher gains from Bolt-Ons and butt-dyno gains. I moved over to single turbo S4, similar hp to 370z, but alot more torque and with simple boltons (Intake, exhaust, BOV), both sound/performance has increased so much more then did when i did full bolt-ons plus tune on my 370z.

Just check out some q60 sport/red sport dynos with simple bolt ons and you'll see the massive tuning advantages of FI.

I can't wait for Fast Intentions to do their magic with the exhaust. Loved it on my 370z and they sound amazing on the VR Q''s currently.