View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 03:33 PM   #37 (permalink)
datcipher
Base Member

Drives: altimacoupe 3.5,370z
datcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond reputedatcipher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
That's a pretty good price! But I live in Vancouver where everything is overpriced. I remember seeing a used 2019 like yours from a Subaru dealer on Autotrader here and it was $26000. For that price differential, a new one just made sense.
Oh believe me, here in Alberta, that kind of price is asked for too.....it's one of the reasons I couldn't pass it up once I got them to that price, even though I hadn't planned to buy now. At one point, I said I may pass and wait till next year, and they came down more - they admitted later, they always have cars they didn't want to keep over the winter....

Yes, I can certainly see why for 4000 difference you might well just go new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viiv View Post
Anyways, everywhere I go, I see people driving around in fully loaded Honda Civic Touring models that also cost $30k CAD. Even after having paid full price for my new 370z, I have no issues with it whatsoever when I consider I purchased a brand new, 6-cylinder, 2 seat sports car for the price of a Civic. Where else can you get that?
Agreed. It's a great value - and actually quite rare here. During the summer you see them here....but not all that often. It's a land of SUV, truck, corollas, civics, and luxury cars...... In the last month, I have had a ton of compliments and people looking - which I did not expect lol. A new(er) Z still catches people's eye in this land of boring vehicles....

The base is so barebones - but at least they come with the backup camera now. In any case, I'm not driving it for tech or comforts - which I could always add later. Wouldn't have minded having the LSD, but I'm not going to the track, and for the street, I don't need it even for aggressive driving! :-)

Last edited by datcipher; 09-22-2020 at 03:35 PM.
datcipher is offline   Reply With Quote