View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
KingZTX
Base Member

Drives: Slow, homie
KingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond reputeKingZTX has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brake & Battery light on start...alternator?

When I turn on my car, both the Brake and the Battery lights turn on together and the voltage meter reads anywhere from 10V-12V. A few minutes into driving, and as the car warms up, voltage reads back to 14V and both the Brake and the Battery lights turn off simultaneously.

The battery is less than 2 years old.

According to this thread posted nearly 4 years ago, Signs of Alternator failing, another driver had the same issue, and it was recommended of him to get his alternator checked. He never confirmed it was the alternator.

As a result of reading the thread, I'm going to schedule for my Z to be checked by the local dealership () for alternator failure or wiring issues.

If it does need to be replaced, I've got the two options of sourcing an OEM remanufactured alternator from Z1 ($550), or to get one for half the price from Advanced Auto Parts that is manufactured by CARQUEST. I'm thinking it's better safe than sorry and I should go with the OEM Z1 part for $550, but wanted your guys take on sourcing an alternator from Advanced Auto.

Let me know what you think, thank you.