View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #2930 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

So things are kept in context. The closed deck thing is not the issue with head gaskets blowing. Pretty much anyone attempting to make up to 1000whp blew their head gasket. The closed deck was thought to be a panacea for that but it still did not deal with cylinder pressures like everyone thought it would. It still not a bad thing just not the right thing to deal with the issue at hand. It may not be needed in that equation but let's face it we all look for the next best thing that will get the outcome we are looking for and it is all the rage until it's not!

Well that's my story for now and if my closed deck build fails...well I will join the others in the it was fun until it went boom club!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote