View Single Post
Old 07-19-2020, 06:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
2string1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 Roadster
2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute2string1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman12 View Post
After having a new roof put in I noticed that the Z started having a rattle/squeak coming from the lid/tonneau area. It's usually louder when top is up, but can still hear some squeaks/rattles when top is down. It sounds like metal against metal. I thought it could be the striker causing it. But after reading different suggestions on the forum i tried covering the lid/tonneau bolts with some weatherstrip tape. To my surprise the noise went away. Hooray! It was really getting on my nerves .

I used Duck Weatherstrip Seal Self Adhesive Foam. This is the stuff people use to insulate windows and doors from drafts.
Did you replace the whole top or just the cloth?
2string1 is offline   Reply With Quote