View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 09:49 PM   #12 (permalink)
viiv
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 20 Nissan 370Z PR M6
viiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond reputeviiv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL 4Motion View Post
Jeep needs the competition to hopefully push them to improve qc. The new jl is awesome, my better half loves hers but there have been to many “growing pains” with the new model. Bad frame welds, electric ps issues etc.

I’m still fully on the Jeep train tho, bronco is ifs so it’s not gonna cut it for me, too expensive to mod ifs correctly for off-roading and too many failure points compared to sfa.

Regardless, kudos to ford for apparently doing right by such a storied nameplate, unlike Chevy who brought back the blazer and made it a crossover cuv and Land Rover who castrated the defender, the only vehicle in their entire lineup Worth even considering now just another cuv with ifs/irs.
First of all I want to make a disclaimer here, that when I refer to Ford here I am only talking about their body on frame truck vehicles, which are pretty decent quality wise.
I am not talking about any of their unibody crossovers or cars here.

Order of US market truck reliability.

1. Toyota

far ahead of...

2. Ford

which in of itself is far ahead...

3. Chevrolet

4. Fiat-Chrysler (Dodge Ram, Jeep)

FCA makes pretty much the worst vehicles on the planet (with Jaguar-Land Rover not being much better). Do Ford trucks have Toyota level quality? No.

But Ford is much better than any Fiat-Chrysler (or Jaguar Land Rover) product and anyone who buys a new Jeep is a sucker and a fool. Friends don't let friends be suckered into any FCA product.

Previously, the only body on frame SUVs I would consider are:

1. Toyota Land Cruiser / Lexus LX570
2. Toyota 4Runner / Lexus GX470
3. Nissan Patrol / Infiniti QX80

There is a reason why the above vehicles are all of what you will see on an expedition into the Saraha desert and you will never see a Jeep. A vehicle breakdown in the middle of the Sahara desert equals death with a money-back guarantee.

and now the Ford Bronco. Is it better quality wise than a Toyota Land Cruiser? Hell no.

But it is the only body on frame SUV now with a manual transmission that is not made by FCA and that is why I want one.

Last edited by viiv; 07-15-2020 at 10:15 PM.
viiv is offline   Reply With Quote