View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 02:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
TheFLiP
Base Member

Drives: 12 370zSport BLK M6
TheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTracker View Post
Interesting, I would think that going too lean (increase in heat) would cause the cats to go. I have a lift at home, so i'll put it up this weekend and check the cats. I used to have HFCs and I blew through those. I put stock cats on and has only been 1K miles tops on them with the S.C. Cats have 50K miles on them. I have been planning on using some testpipes and welding on some Cats from a v8 or something.
I just learned that after I'd melted my HFCs. Basically running rich has excess fuel that exits the engine and into the cats causing another detonation/combustion. In this case, it's a lot hotter than the exhaust since the cats are having to deal with direct flame which exceeds it's heat tolerance and causes it to fail.

When HFCs failed, it sealed up and blew back debris into the engine. Hopefully, this isn't the case with you.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk