View Single Post
Old 06-28-2020, 01:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
JeffP-Z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z Supercharg
JeffP-Z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

N/A, the 4.08 works good for the strip. Going boost. Most guys want to go to the 3.54, or the 3.30 gears. As 1st gear, and the bottom of 2nd gear is overpowered by engine torque.

Using the OS Giken diff. You have to use the OS Giken lube to keep it quite. Otherwise, it gets noisy. After install, change the lube after 1000 miles. The lube used to be $70.00 a liter. Now I see it's $50.00 a liter. I have one, and it works great. Get the Z1 finned diff cover too. I recorded temps of 265F in my diff. The cover will hold an extra 1/2 liter of lube.
Thanks for the info and advice. Yes I already have the z1 diff cover on the build list. It is getting done July 9th. Unfortunately I am down until then as the planetary gears in the stock diff let go Thursday night. It is totally dead for now.
Drift Z: 2010 370z, TopGun Rotrex Supercharger, ID 1300cc Injectors, FI Long Tube Headers, GReddy RS-Race Single Exit, Setrab PS & Oil Cooler, BC Racing BR Coilovers, CJM S1.SE Fuel System, Walbro 525 pump with the CJM Billet Fuel Hat, OS Giken Superlock 1.5
JeffP-Z is offline   Reply With Quote