View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
wheee!
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: cars. lots of cars.
wheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond reputewheee! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rear Bumper in for painting

So the dealer has my car back this week to repair the damage they did to the rear bumper paint job. They had applied the dealer sticker (I had told them specifically not to) to the bumper beneath the 370Z logo. When I told them to remove it, they did just that, along with a fair chunk of paint!

Needless to say, it needed repainting and the 3M clear bra needs to be re-applied around the wheel wells. I was not happy! They say they are going to have the paint exactly matched (Black Rose) but I am concerned it will not be an exact match and will look different than factory. I get it back this weekend. I will take pics of the repair (sorry I don't have one of the damage) and post them this weekend.

Anyone else have paint matching issues with repairs??? How good is the colour matching these days? I haven't had a car painted in a long time....

Here is a pic showing the stupid sticker before they removed it.

H&R / Stillen / Berk / HKS / Swift / Michelin / UpRev / SPC / Amuse Rep / Seibon / Fringe XVO / TWM / more...
My Journal
wheee! is offline   Reply With Quote