View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 12:43 AM   #343 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimiser View Post
According to that article isn't that what the BOV prevents (compressor surge)?
Assuming the BOV is working properly and has the correct spring for the application.
My guess is that when the "fluttering" noise occurs, it's from a condition of zero boost /vacuum and the particular BOV's spring allows the valve to open and close a small, fairly rapid amount because in those conditions it's getting some sort of oscillation between tiny boost and tiny vacuum (neutral).
Yeah, that's definitely what the bov should prevent. Not being a supercharger expert by all mean's, could the placement of the bov have an effect on it's efficiency?

I was getting fluttering when I had my qrj installed. I replaced the 1.5 psi spring with a 3 psi and it was fine after that.
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote