Thread: Looting...
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 04:49 PM   #18 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFish View Post
Yes, the looters suck and some innocent folks are getting hurt.
People will take advantage when they see an opportunity.
I saw plenty of white people looting too...Just as I did in the L.A. riots in 1992.

I know it's hard for many to even understand the amount of anger these folks are feeling.
This isn't about 1 handcuffed black man being killed by cops.

This is about 400 yrs of abuse, terror and death.

When people took a knee in silent protest after Tamir Rice, Trayvon Martin and others, they were labeled Anti-American and traitors and NOTHING changed.

When people see that carrying signs, marching, chanting some cute little rhymes (wow, you really showed some class) doesn't change things, then what? THIS!

How many of you have been pulled over and had guns drawn on you because you looked like you didn't belong in that neighborhood or didn't look like you should be driving the car you're driving?

How many of you have been followed around a store while you were just shopping?

How many of you have been chased down and had guns pulled on you because you looked like you up to no good?

Unless you've lived your life in fear just because of your skin color, it's hard to understand how these folks feel.

I get it, I'm a white guy...well, Italian/Spanish/Welch but, I've had people do horrible things to me and my family because they thought my Italian mother was Mexican.

We were living in Springfield, MO. in the late 1970's.
Me (long hair and tanned), my mom (a small, dark haired woman) and her Blond, blued eyed husband (my stepdad). I came home one day and found our 2 cats and 2 dogs had been poisoned and were dead. The people who did it, left a note on our door saying MEXICANS GET OUT!!! I wanted to burn the entire town to the ground, instead, we just moved away.

So, yeah, I'm a bit more sympathetic to the plight of these people.

I'm sorry to those of you who simply can't imagine what these people feel because you've never been made to feel the way they do.

Flame away!
I was a young Black man attending college Cal Poly Pomona in the early 80s and all of the above to me during that. Getting followed by security or police is not uncommon still and I will be 60 in about three weeks. I also was an law enforcement officer for 23 years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote