Thread: Oil pressure
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I've got some questions. They may or may not be dumb; I certainly am.

What does it matter if the gauge doesn't go above 100? The oil pressure only reads over 100 on startup, right? So if the gauge maxes out on startup then why does it matter if you can read the extra 20 psi or not?

I mean if it damages the gauge or something that makes sense, but I've never heard of that. I got my gauge to make sure my oil pressure doesn't drop too low. What would be the need to check oil pressure when it maxes out?
To make sure your oil pressure bypass is working. You want to see the high end and see it actually drop after warmed up. I'd like to know pump is attaining high pressure and bypass is working.
ZoomZ is offline   Reply With Quote