View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #609 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Unusual problem that I've come up against, looking for possible long term fixes. I'm using an RJM 3.1 with a Zspeed stage 3 clutch. The pedal itself has 3 bolts which fasten to the pedal assembly, allowing some adjustment of pedal/pedal angle. My pedal is slipping slowly over time. My heads up that something is wrong is that it starts squeaking as it slowly moves, and eventually it becomes harder to shift (since I'm changing the leverage of the pedal). Even tight as hell, it still slides. Any recommendations?
Hi JLarson,
That is an unusual situation. My best guess at what's happened is the 3 bolts have been over tightened at some point causing them to yield. Once a bolt is over stressed it will stretch and loose its strength/holding power. I would recommend picking up 3 new standard bolts from any local hardware store to replace them. The size is 1/4-20 x 1" long and shouldn't cost more then 0.15 to 0.20 cents for all 3 anywhere that sells bolts in bulk bins. When you take it apart to put the new bolts in I'd also wipe down both mating surfaces with some isopropyl alcohol or degreaser just incase you've got some bearing grease that ended up between them when you initially installed, which could be another reason for the slippage despite being tight.
Hope that helps.
Best Regards,
Ryan@RJM

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote