View Single Post
Old 05-10-2020, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Girald
Base Member

Drives: 15' 370z SpTech 6MT
Girald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUSHER View Post
I am out of solutions at this point and I'm about to go insane. I just had installed topgunz a2a kit and have leak tested 3 times now. I also tightened the supercharger belt as much as possible. The first time I found two leaks. One small one on the block off plate and another small one coming from the maf sensor. After that I ended up checking it two more times and found no additional leaks.

Seb says I'm only getting 4.5 pounds peak boost. My boost gauge that I've tried on two different vacuum lines shows 0 psi at WOT. The only part I didnt check for leaks is the supercharger itself.

Also mineral oil smells like ****!
So, a proper boost gauge should show you what is happening...full stop. If you arent generating boost it should show 0psi or negative. to indicate the engine is running on vaccuum, the way most NA cars run...

If you are spooling, then the the psi should build and indicate +psi on your gauge. ....

Now, that said. where did you plum the vacuum line?

For my vacuum line, i bought a 1/8th NPT tap kit... i took my plenum out of the car and carefully made the threaded hole at the back ( with a vacuum cleaner hose to suck out any plastic while i was doing it and a shop rag stuffed in there just in case i miss anything.)

Then I bought an 1/8 NPT threaded fitting to whatever size nipple for the hose you are using) teflon and not over-tightened since you are dealing with plastic. I ran the hose to the gauge MAP sensor. and wired to the gauge of course.

So a coupe of things... The gauge MAP sensor.. make sure the nipple is pointing down as not to collect debris in the air or water condensation... try to buy an inline vacuum-line filter to further help that situation., Also, make sure that the gauge is hooked up to its own power and not piggy backing the stereo or other 12v devices for power.

Another thing: Most gauges, if not all require calibration for barometric pressure so you dont get false readings... Check the handbook to calibrate your gauge AFTER you check the other things i mentioned.

Last edited by Girald; 05-10-2020 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added info
Girald is offline   Reply With Quote