View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 05:58 AM   #159 (permalink)
TacoSport10
Base Member

Drives: 13 370Z Touring Sprt
TacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond reputeTacoSport10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac-v2 View Post
So I'm about to install them tomorrow. I see there is a battery tap harness, but The Retrofit Source also sent me a fuse DRL harness too (with 10A fuses).

Based on that install video by HID Express, seems like they're is just using the battery harness only. Do I just disregard the fuse tap harness then?
It might be worth a call to the retrofit source to double check, but I’m thinking you can us either? Unless the wires in the battery tap harness are too small.

I’m using, and will continue to use, the battery tap harness. It makes the installation of it easier IMO. Plus it’s already installed on mine and I haven’t received the fuse tap harness yet. You will likely need to upgrade the fuse to at least a 7.5A or a 10A to match what they recommend.

If you have both, maybe take a look at the gauge wire each harness uses. If there is a difference, and the fuse tap wires arelarger, I would use that. If they’re the same, us the whichever one you want and make sure fuse is sized properly or go with retrofit source’s recommendation if you call them.
TacoSport10 is offline   Reply With Quote