Thread: Tokyo Olympics
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2020, 09:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Zingston
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: like it's a rental.
Zingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond reputeZingston has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
A colleague of my wife lives in Hubei province in China.
He reported today that his (very large) city is returning to normal now after 7 weeks of complete lockdown (no going out at all, except one person per household once a week to pick up food from government supply). 7 weeks without even being allowed out to exercise or walk the dog. But it appears that this sacrifice has saved lives in the long run and shortened the pain. It can be done, but isn’t easy, and takes combined commitment for the greater good.

Those pop-up mega hospitals in Wuhan have reportedly all closed.

The virus has not been eradicated. I hope the best for Wuhan, but the virus can easily return. We may have witnessed the first of a series of lockdowns. I hope I'm wrong. Either we find a cure, or we all just have to deal with a new virus among us.
Zingston is offline   Reply With Quote