View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJSq View Post
Hey guys this is pretty dumb but it’s been annoying me for a while. I’ve been DD my 370 for about 5 years and for the life of me still can’t quite nail the 1st to 2nd. During normal take offs I’m fine but when I want to test my 0-60 against a Ford Focus I’m either waiting for what feels like 2 seconds for the Rpms to drop from redline so I can rev match the shift or I’m just instant dumping the clutch. What do y’all normally doing when quickly taking off? I like to be gentle to the clutch so I prefer to rev match but is dumping it basically the only way to get around the rev hang?
Outside of the it's a really bad idea to 'test my 0-60 against a Ford Focus' (I think that's called 'street racing' and discussion of said topic is forbidden here.) I've never had a problem with a 1st to 2nd gear shift.

Just continue dumping the clutch, you'll solve your problems forthwith...