View Single Post
Old 03-11-2020, 09:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormWhite View Post
Be careful with plastic pop rivet replacement as not all rivets are the same length. For instance the plastic rivet for the front splashguard goes through two thicknesses of plastic before entering metal and is longer than a "standard" plastic rivet and has a different part number.

I bought some cheap plastic rivets off Amazon with the correct Nissan part number for the front splash guards but when they arrived they were the same length as the "standard" length plastic rivets.

Why did I buy 50 off Amazon when I only needed 2 OEM Nissan rivets? It was much cheaper.
This should go without saying, but yes, check the size before ordering. I ordered 2 sizes: the shorter and longer rivets, both of which were useful on my car.

Also, why buy only 2 when they will need to be replaced each time you pop them out? $.50 versus $5.00. I think I'll make the gamble and spend the $5.00 lol.