View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 11:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
StormWhite
Base Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Coupe
StormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond reputeStormWhite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
These rivets are those you should replace when taking them out. The heat and environment exposure will make these things weak. As mentioned, you can get these on Amazon for really cheap. I bought a bag of 100 for like $5 and came with the prying tool.
Be careful with plastic pop rivet replacement as not all rivets are the same length. For instance the plastic rivet for the front splashguard goes through two thicknesses of plastic before entering metal and is longer than a "standard" plastic rivet and has a different part number.

I bought some cheap plastic rivets off Amazon with the correct Nissan part number for the front splash guards but when they arrived they were the same length as the "standard" length plastic rivets.

Why did I buy 50 off Amazon when I only needed 2 OEM Nissan rivets? It was much cheaper.
StormWhite is offline   Reply With Quote