View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 01:59 PM   #4499 (permalink)
abm89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370Z | 24 EL450
abm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond repute

Did some data logging last night and the AFRs were all over the place. This morning I went and got some ultra copper RTV to seal the metal gaskets to my HFCs (and finally splurged on some tools, thanks ATT promotional card). Since my car is older and has had hardcore heat cycles from track work, those header flanges are warped.

I added a modest layer of RTV around the gasket opening (both sides) and put everything back together. Tomorrow we'll see if I actually fixed it.

More space in the new garage (slight flex but not really as there's nothing in it.)

And here you can see obvious signs of leakage. Both the driver and passenger sides weren't doing ****:

And now it's curing for the rest of the day: