View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #270 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I always do test weld on a piece of scrap before welding on the part. This way, I can check and adjust the settings to my liking. Your welding should sound like bacon and eggs frying with little splatter.
Yup, I did the test weld (per your suggestion a while back which was who I was referencing). I grabbed a scrap piece of metal that was thinner metal. Lessons learned. I'll get better. My buddy offered to go back and make them look nice... but I honestly don't see the point. It will hold and no one will see it.

I just need more seat time. It is what it is.

- Edit

The transmission drives upward into the car so the forces will never pull down... unless I'm doing some stupid sh1t in reverse.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote