View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 03:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16nz34 View Post
No aero at this time...I wouldn't do aero unless I had a wind tunnel to test it in and some professional input...bad or "guess" aero could make things, much, much worse than anything I can do on my own with the suspension.

The current FA 510 setup and spring rate was professionally recommended...I provided a lot of technical detail to FA and they came up with the starting spring rate...we'll see how it goes once things thaw around here...trust me, I won't be heading out onto the track with brandie new coilovers and be whaling on the car...at least not until I know how it responds and reacts.
LMAO, you have not been on the forum very long and made a handful of post. I am not sure how long you have been tracking and your depth of knowledge with the 370z platform but your post in naive. First off you don't need to do a wind tunnel for all things aero. It is common knowledge that lowering the car and adding a from splitter and having some type of rear spoiler will help. I have been dealing with FA for several years and their product is nice but some of the advise is suspect on spring rate recommendations. Lastly, because of my aero I reached out to a aero consultant to help me dial in my aero and suspension. There is a thread dedicated to that discussion in the track section of the forum if you want to increase your know and whole lot of discussion about spring rates for divorced versus true type setups. Therefore my advise is not without consulting a professional or others on this forum that have equally as much knowledge. So the rule of thumb is with a true type setup you don't want your rear spring rates to be much more than what you have for a divorced OEM spring rate, maybe slightly higher. Good luck and I hope you don't have a negative outcome because your rear spring rates are too stiff. I think the track is the best place to try out your new coils as it is a controlled environment and on the road if things go wrong it could be fatal to you or someone else. I hope it all turns out the way you want.
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote