View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #3862 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post

I think my sister that lives here is bonkers.....

The cable company came by to give my parents a new modem, all of their inter webs equipment is ancient. They apparently asked if they should install it and my sister said 'No, I'll do it'..... (first mistake)

Sends me a text: "Hey we got a new router. Where do I put it in at on the computer'

My response: "Transfer all the cables from the old one to the new one, make sure it's turned on, then wait for it to recognize it's attached to the internet'

Her response: Naturally because I am trying to do it it will not work.....

I inquired about passwords, she said they gave her the passwords.... (this is not looking good)

An hour later: "Great. It does not work, the computer doesn't have a wireless connection"

I point out the computer has a hard wired connection, it doesn't have a wireless card....

Her response: "I've tried everything, I'm done with it."

Oh crap....

I call and talk to my Dad. Seems she was about 10 seconds from heaving the router out the window. Now I'll have to go over and see what she's screwed up in the process.

I think I'm going to have to have her 5150'd here. She never sees the same doctor twice and she's on so much medication that I think it's driven her over the edge. She goes to the Chicken Hawk medical center (teaching hospital), so that contributes to the different doctor problem. She needs to go some place for about a month for all the crap to get out of her system and then figure out what she really needs, if anything. She's hard of hearing and yells continually, which upsets our parents. There's only so much I can do....
Sorry brother! Keep your chin up and fight the good fight...family! You can't pick them and you can't just shoot them....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|