View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 07:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Red Voodoo
Base Member

Drives: a hard bargain!
Red Voodoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyK View Post
THANKS RedVoodoo - Mine came with "instructions" but not a "template"
If you still have your template - I would BUY it from you - or borrow & return - let me know (PLEASE) Anyway - I will install my spoiler someday I'm sure. FYI another "simple" mod that changes the looks in a subtle way (pic) lights, brake, reverse F1 light.
These "templates" I mention were nothing more than 8" pieces of paper with a hole in them that you taped on to the underside of the spoiler, matching the hole with the pre-drilled hole on the spoiler. You can make them yourself. I think that the DIY video on these forums shows what I'm referring to. Pretty easy though. I was just a little off on one of my measurements, which took a little extra work. These pieces of paper didn't hold up very well and ended up in the trash when I was finished.

I looked at the 3rd brake light option, but I chose to just replace the black lens with a red lens from the late model Z. After spending a few hours setting up my rearview camera by disassembling half of the cockpit, I was not quite in the mood to taking the rear bumper cover off and doing more electrical work. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiz View Post
Wow, you and previous owner took really good care of that car, looks brand new!

You sound like me when I first bought my Z, tried to be conservative in mods for the first 2 years then all hell broke loose

Personally, I would just add aftermarket wheels and call it a day. (but I'm a wheel whore) and there is a whole thread about adding aftermarket wheels with no suspension mods and it really looks good with this car

Sounds like this is not your first build anyway so you know what you're doing. Will see how long you can last without doing more
Yes! The car was in very good condition for being almost a decade old. The previous owner babied and maintained her meticulously. In fact, it still has that new car smell! I'm guessing that it was a garage queen that saw very little rain. On the other hand, you could tell they weren't the most careful driver. I spent a lot of time trying to clean up the undersides of car where the paint was scrapped off from curbing the heck out of the plastic skirts. Fortunately, the wheels were mostly left untouched.

Speaking of wheels, I think I'll just stick with the Ray's. I've never bought wheels for any of my cars. In fact, my TL still has its 17" stockies!

Honestly, I think I'm about done. I'm probably going to use a vinyl overlay on the rear facia and, maybe, tint the windows. But, who really knows? I went into this not wanting to do anything to the car. Creature of habit, I guess!