View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 11:02 AM   #469 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
https://youtu.be/n3Wtx_uyyIw

The1 Toyota Supra is far from a success. Enthusiasts felt cheated. The car is plagued with BMW recalls. And outside of the sheetmetal, the suspension tune and an ECU remap for throttle, tq hp etc.... Toyota bears no footprint on this car.

The price was probably $7,000 too high for peoples expectations.

The black only interior was disappointing and not to mention the interior is identical to all BMW products.

To add insult to injury. Corvette knocked it out the park with an in house production of a true supercar for about $80k nicely equipped.

Or you can buy a $57k one size fits all supra.

The Z has the potential to eat the Supra alive. But Nissan has to do some revolutionary chassis work!!

Bring the Z chassis to 2020 standards. As well as the appropriate transmission. The supra at best sparked a JDM return, kinda. I think toyota shouldve brought out the RC with a really powerful turbo 6 and called it the supra. I guess this car made no sense to enthusiasts.

It's crazy cuz Texas is a sports car crazy state. We sell half the sports cars in the nation here. But I've yet to see a Supra in the wild. I'd call that a fail.
^^^Agreed! I have seen one in Las Vegas and Vegas is a target rich sportscar city.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote