View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:09 AM   #660 (permalink)
Senna-F1
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370SC,EliseSC,MR2T
Senna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond reputeSenna-F1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna-F1 View Post
This makes me wonder if ecutek is not reporting or receiving correct data. Bug? This makes no sense. If we saw AFRs drop below target, that would help with identifying such an issue. Something just not adding up.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So I decided to take my car to SOHO Motorsports to figure out why my duty cycle was 80-90% on pump. Fuel pressure was about 41 psi at idle. They set it to 50 from what I hear, I think this what they normally set it at?? and re-tuned the car for pump. Duty cycle is now 60 or so, or in the 60’s, not sure. I don’t have logs, this was just a late night conversation at the shop after being awake more than 30 hrs so I wasn’t all there . But we went from having a conversation when I first showed up very much like you had, talking about lowering rev limit, getting 1300’s, to there now being no issue with moving ahead with e85. Raising fuel pressure alone this amount does not account for this dramatic of a drop in duty cycle according to what I’ve read. In fact when I was still working with Eugene, I went to the trouble to try and figure out what it would take to go e85 based on my high duty cycle, and came up with it would take 64.5 psi at idle. If raising fuel pressure to 50 alone was a fix for all my fuel troubles, I think Eugene would have simply asked me to raise fuel pressure and we would have done some pulls. So, I think there may be something in either the tune or in how duty cycle is being calculated that’s not quite right. And BTW, this was in the 550 WHP and 425 TQ range.

Last edited by Senna-F1; 01-21-2020 at 09:11 AM.
Senna-F1 is offline   Reply With Quote