View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #42 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisjb View Post
my installer said it was a blown line, but i suspect it was not fully attached... again, not the GTM kit, but lesson learned is to use the highest quality components and 3x check fittings when it comes to the oiling system... the pump on this car has a very high throughput and moves a lot of oil in short order in order to keep the upper end of the motor cool... so when these sorts of things happen, you have very little time to react and get the motor turned off
Seems to me like an oil pressure gauge is a definite must.

I am planning on building my own kit and will be using the aeroquip socketless hoses.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote