View Single Post
Old 01-11-2020, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
DUSHER
Base Member

Drives: stillen 370z
DUSHER is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Are you saying the block off plate on the manifold was leaking? How did you test that?
yes. Where the manifold cooler once was. I work at a dealership with two different smoke leak testers.

Quote:
Here is how I tested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ZPmLl_7xI
What exactly am I watching here? Is this showing the car has no leaks?

Quote:
Does your boost gauge EVER see boost? Seb sees 4.5 which is coming from the MAP sensor in the manifold. Your gauge is being fed from a vacuum line coming off the manifold. If Seb see's boost, but your gauge never does, that might be a pinched/torn vacuum line.
yes it does. At idle it shows 24 and when I give it about 25-75% throttle I usually see 8. As far as the type of vacuum line that I'm using, its just a regular air line. I made sure there were no kinks in it. I got the gauge for free since it was used so I'm not 100% sure if its faulty.

Quote:
Not sure why he only sees 4.5 psi though. Maybe your manifold not sealed, but not sure how you tested that it's OK.
Like I said up above I tried two different testers. One produced more pressure than the other. I also tried to hook it up to the pipe that connects to the supercharger, T'd it off of the BOV line, and the last time off of the port on the back of the intake manifold

Last edited by DUSHER; 01-11-2020 at 09:14 AM.
DUSHER is offline   Reply With Quote