View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 08:06 PM   #64 (permalink)
Nik@SOHO
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nismo 370Z
Nik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond reputeNik@SOHO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
That was a nice attempt to stray from the actual question with a bunch of graphs that mean nothing. BTW...you didn't even place the correct pulleys in the correct spot in the calculator.

Your customer measured and has a completely different pulley setup. You didn't address this at all.

You also never addressed why you recommend a 8psi pulley without a filter vs a 9psi with one. Is this seriously what your customer wanted?

And it looks like my kit actually outperformed yours until 5k where you can add 1 degree of timing to this tune and make more power up top.

But thats my old, predated kit anyway... not interested in what that can do anymore.
The pulley and head unit number question was answered, my fault on not answering the other question..

The pulley sizes are directly from Dean at Stillen and Vortech, so not sure where you are saying that I "gave the wrong information" those values that our client gave you were with a ruler or tape measure to measure a pulley and is not exact.

The client was presented with a filter option and a turbo gaurd option upon ordering the kit as with any client that orders an air to air kit with us. We told him that without a filter you would see more boost and the client was aware of this.

In regards to 9 psi and the filter, we have seen boost levels above 14 psi (depending on exhaust setup) with that setup and we informed him that with the 8 psi we would see around 12 to 13 which was what we stated would be the max on pump gas.

We have not seen any issues or data showing where a supercharger unit was damaged by using the turbo guard, however we may be wrong, if so I would love to see some data showcasing this if you have any...

Not sure as to why all of sudden you decided to come in this post and "attack" us either way best of luck on the new kit
Nik@SOHO is offline   Reply With Quote