Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #861 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again!

Blast from the past time, logging in for the first time in a few years and re-upping my premium membership, also cleared out my overfilled PM inbox.

Since my last posts here back in ~2015 (!!), the car did see a few more minor updates (the transmission swap from JTran worked out fine, they also cut hood venting for me, and I upped the spring rates further) and made it through a few more track events, but my event pace really slowed to a crawl, and I'm pretty sure the last time the car was on-track anywhere was around late 2017. None of the final events ever made it into the forums or youtube (I pulled out the data system a while back and never replaced it with something better). Since then it's just been in maintenance mode sitting on the lift in my garage for the past ~2 years with the slicks stored indoors, and it gets fired up once in a while to do oil changes to keep everything a little fresh.

Life changed dramatically a few years back (TL;DR - I got married and gained a couple of kids!), and the racing hobby just wasn't a priority for my time or cash anymore, as much as I loved it while it lasted.

Now more changes are coming, as I'm about to sell my house out here and move a few miles, and the time has finally come to sell the Z itself (and all the random takeoffs and extra bits and the short-rise lift from the garage, etc). I took some recent pics of the thing and I'll make a for-sale post over in the appropriate classifieds in a little bit and cross-link it with this journal thread, probably sometime a little later today. I'd like to try to find it a good home here in the community if there's a quick easy sale, before I go posting it elsewhere on other track-specific forums and such.

Happy holidays everyone