View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 03:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
Blandino
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Pleb Edition
Blandino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByThaBay View Post
This can be done very easily with ecutek. The bluetooth unit can log to your mobile device whenever you are operating the vehicle. No additional connections or gauges need to be added.

Again, easily accomplished by custom coding with ecutek. Not only can alerts be set, but you can also have instant protection provided by the ecu such as (but not limited to) closing the throttle if the AFR is too lean, pulling timing if there is an overboost condition, or any combination of these and other possible protection measures. The ecu would respond much more quickly than any of us could as a result to a trigger from an external non-integrated system.
That sounds good. I've already purchased the tuning from SpecialtyZ, so I plan on bringing this up when I get back and we go over things beforehand. After checking what all they can accomplish in the remote session I will keep you in mind for any additional features that are feasible. It would be great if I could eliminate the entire 3rd party system and have the same features with built in fail safes & dash alarms from Ecutek.

I've only used HPTuners MPVI2 with the 1GR-FE and it's very limited on what you can modify. It definitely sounds like Ecutek has many more features that I should learn up on. I'm assuming what you're referring to is using their ECU Connect app for the logging and as the "dashboard" alarms? I considered using this at one point since I'll have the tablet dash, but I think in order for it to function properly on boot-up I'll need to have the Brainiac App for the home screen and I didn't know if the brainiac app, connect, or something like Torque Pro would work best. Once I get home I planned on checking them all out anyways.
Blandino is offline   Reply With Quote