View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 12:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Blandino
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Pleb Edition
Blandino is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByThaBay View Post
I'm talking about setting up ecutek to do the boost reading for you as a gauge, or in any other way that is desired.
I appreciate it, but unless we can get Ecutek to provide a 3-pin input to the Zeitronix and log persistently without a laptop connected, I don't think it'll work for what I'm after. I don't want to see my AFR or boost or add any additional gauges in my car.

The reason I like the ZT-2 is because in my truck I can set AFR thresholds based on current RPM to trigger an alarm or relay and it doesn't require me to watch a gauge all the time. Then the fact it logs 100% of the time without needing a laptop and requires no additional effort on my part. What I'm asking for is if I can place their recommended MAP sensor in the cover plate on the intake manifold and get consistent, accurate readings. Or if it is possible to just splice the signal wire from the Omni 4 Bar I already have to the ZT-2. That would be even better so I can avoid adding an extra sensor.

As it is setup, if the AFR@RPM exceeds a defined value it triggers this warning light & LED. The purpose of the additional MAP sensor is so I can add another trigger for MAP_READING@RPM to the alarm & also add the boost reading to the logs.
Blandino is offline   Reply With Quote