View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 05:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
I'm curious about what people feel is the best route as well. I was wondering about the following (not trying to hijack the thread but to add to this)

- Would you guys consider buying a boosted Z if you could take the car to a reputable shop to find out what would need to be done/best to be replaced/weak points etc vs the huge costs - in particular the labor costs associated with boosting your car?

I hear that on average if you look to boost your Z and you pay a shop to do it - you're looking at anywhere between $15-20k - if i'm wrong - please let me know. If that is the case - since you can't get your money back on most mods as well as seeing some boosted Zs going for a little more than a regular Z - why not?

For instance there is a YT vlogger that came across this which honestly would be hard to pass on:
https://youtu.be/sGk3RAxwrCE
You don't know squat about that build. I watched the video. A car lot has it and they are not where you would want to buy such a car. Looked like a very very basic AAM kit. That is not what you want. It depends on how many mods you already have while pricing out a TT kit. No mods that you can use at all, you are looking at around 25k to TT a Z with a quality TT kit and using a quality shop. Lots of junk builds come out of Florida. They were done piss poor from the get go. If a car was on here and everything was posted about the build and it was high quality. Folks will fight over it and you are not going to get it cheap. Cheap low quality TT builds are a dime a dozen done by no-name shops.

Last edited by Spooler; 12-04-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote