View Single Post
Old 11-15-2019, 06:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
When you said it revved up slowly, are you referring to the initial system self-check where the all the needles on the gauge clusters go to the other side? Or are you talking about when driving but feels like limp mode?

If the latter, I get this from time to time is bc my MAF sensors are dirty (OBD II sensor pulled MAF code), and turn off for 30 seconds and restart and runs like a beast again.
This was after the “sweep” Car was running and just kept revving. Car was screaming! I was getting ready to push the off button when it hit redline and quickly dropped to idle.

Would a dirty MAF throw a CEL? No light and starting/running normally. Just don’t want to go through that again!
MZ DAIZY is offline   Reply With Quote