View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ DAIZY View Post
Car always garaged, went down to 20 degrees last night but temp in garage was 65 degrees.

Opened garage door and Pushed start button, started normally.
Left something in house, turned car off went inside.
Roughly 20 minutes later, started car again.

Slowly reved it’s way up (with no help of mine) until it hit rev limiter, then worked it’s way down to idle.

Car is running rock solid as usual, but I had a TPS go bad on me and this is exactly how it started.

Not too concerned right now, but anybody have this happen? I have a Gen III intake and a FI CBE with a revtech tune done by Z1.
When you said it revved up slowly, are you referring to the initial system self-check where the all the needles on the gauge clusters go to the other side? Or are you talking about when driving but feels like limp mode?

If the latter, I get this from time to time is bc my MAF sensors are dirty (OBD II sensor pulled MAF code), and turn off for 30 seconds and restart and runs like a beast again.