View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 05:13 AM   #323 (permalink)
seanmorr370
Base Member

Drives: '12 370z BC A7 Turbo
seanmorr370 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Z"en View Post
*Just a kind reminder* As a user, I'd highly suggest doing extensive research before going this route (think carefully for the so-called 7AT performance rebuilds of our Zs). PM me if you want to know my story.
I see your siggy says you ran 584whp. How much tq were you making? I've put over 4k miles on my stock 7at without issue @ 450whp/450wtq. If you stay at or below 450wtq and make sure you don't forget to downshift to 4 before giving it beans on the highway, you should be fine. Staying out of peak tq range in gears 5-7 is important. My single turbo makes peak tq around 4k rpm, so as long as I remember to downshift to 4 on the highway before a pull, I'm consistently ahead of my tq curve redline shifting into 5th gear. It's deciding to gun it from cruising speed/rpm in 5th 6th or 7th that leads to slipping.
Precision 6266 - Switchback Racing 3.5" single exhaust - Switchback Racing oil catch can - Tial BoV/WG - Z1 oil cooler - Stillen trans cooler - Tein Street Basis coilovers - Megan rear sway bar - Konig Ampliforms
seanmorr370 is offline   Reply With Quote